Location: Inverness Salary: Starting salary £28,386 per annum, excellent benefits package
Fixed term to 31 March 2021
35 hours per week
We are looking for a proactive and ambitious Marketing and Communications Officer to join our Wave Energy Scotland team.
Wave Energy Scotland (WES) was established in 2014 as a subsidiary of Highlands and Islands Enterprise to support the development of wave energy technologies in Scotland.
Funded by Scottish Government, WES has been tasked with bringing together the best engineering and academic minds to collaborate on innovative projects that will accelerate the development of wave technologies.
The objectives of WES recognise the significant value that has accrued to Scotland in the development of wave technology to date, and the large global market that can be developed through further technological innovation.
As part of this job you’ll:
• manage a programme of marketing and communications activity, working closely with HIE’s Energy and Communications teams
• create and publish engaging digital content through WES social media channels
• work with external digital agencies to ensure all sites are visible and well used in search engines
• ensure websites are compliant with all relevant legislation affecting public sector websites in Scotland, including accessibility, privacy and data protection
• manage general marketing activities as opportunities arise, including provision of materials, editorials etc.
• manage WES attendance at major renewable events and exhibitions
• manage the programme of events to support the promotion of the WES Technology Programme
• represent WES on any relevant national forums and;
• be a key member of the WES team, providing support and guidance to colleagues when required
It’s essential that you are an experienced and proactive team player with a proven track record in a marketing and communications role. You’ll have experience in managing events and developing and publishing digital content for websites.
You’ll also have proven technical skills, particularly in report writing, creating digital content and analysing digital trends.
You’ll be adept at building strong working relationships with colleagues across WES and HIE as well as a wide range of external client and stakeholders.
To find out more about the role please read the job description.