The development of the standalone alpha versions of the whole suite of design tools for the H2020 DTOcean Plus ocean energy systems is now complete. The alpha versions are now ready for the verification phase and then demonstration against real scenarios. Project partners are intensifying training and education activities to strongly engage with potential users of the tools.
The core functionality of each individual tool or module is complete and can run independently, with on-going integration of the whole software and data flow between modules to give valuable results to the users. These alpha versions are built on the framework that has been defined during the project to standardise the data formats of ocean energy systems design. Further information is available on the DTOcean Plus website.
The verification phase will be carried out by the testing of each tool and module in order to verify that they meet the functional and technical requirements defined at the beginning of the project. This will result in a beta version of tools that will be demonstrated against real scenarios by the industrial partners within the project. That means that the suite will be run to showcase the applicability of of the tools to concept generation and selection, technology development and farm deployment and optimisation.
The project partners are now intensifying their training and education actions to promote a deeper understanding of new tools, and engage with potential users to facilitate adoption and usage of DTOcean Plus design tools.
- A didactic video which outlines the main areas of the project in 5 minutes.
- 4 webinars available online to explain the suite of tools and the planned approach.
- An online forum to to ensure interactivity between the tool's developers and users.
- 2 workshops that will allow live demonstrations of the tools in December and March.
- 4 training sessions to explain how to practically run the tools from December.
- Preparation of technical and user manuals and video tutorials to accompany users in their first steps with the tools by the end of the project.